Celebrate the day the first train left Broad Street Station with a party 100 years in the making!
Broad Street Station is a Richmond landmark. Used first as a passenger rail station from 1919 to 1975 before becoming the Science Museum of Virginia's home, Broad Street Station has connected the community for 100 years.
Programming for the day includes:
- Free rides on the Teddy Bear Express between 12 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Rocky Mountain Express in the Dome (free for members)
- A Cosmic Expedition highlighting what we’ve learned about space in the last 100 years
- An Art Lab activity where guests will build a 3D paper model of Broad Street Station
- A plaster workshop in The Forge where guests will recreate rosettes seen in Broad Street Station
- Broad Street Station architecture walking tours
- Guided tours of Car ONE from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and self-guided tours of other train cars in the Museum’s collection
- An opportunity for guests to have their memories of Broad Street Station recorded and stored in the Museum's archives
- A members-only breakfast bar with light refreshments and coffee/juice bar from 9 – 11 a.m.
And most importantly, a countdown to 1:07 p.m. – the time the first train left Broad Street Station – in a confetti-laden celebration complete with a custom, 3D Broad Street Station cake!
CostFree w/ Museum admission
Richmond, VA 23220
Event ContactScience Museum of Virginia
Website: Click to Visit