Reimagine how math manipulatives can ignite your students’ interest and understanding of math concepts.
K-8 teachers learn how the manipulation of objects can give students a deeper understanding of number sense, building connections between concrete and abstract thought processing.
Face-to-Face Class: March 8, 2018, 4:30pm to 7:00pm
Virtual Class Sessions: March 22, April 26, and May 10, 2018
• Receive 20 relicensure points
• Receive valuable classroom activities and materials including a manipulative tool kit
• Explore the use of physical and virtual math manipulatives when working with students
• Develop strategies to use math manipulatives to differentiate instruction; better serving student needs
• Learn and utilize new technologies to work and communicate with colleagues and students
• Enjoy networking and idea-sharing with colleagues; building a catalog of manipulatives, resources, and strategies for math manipulative implementation in your classroom
• Free to full consortium member school divisions
• $90.00 Institutional member school divisions
• $180.00 all other participants
Full Consortium Member School Divisions: Chesterfield, Colonial Heights, Hanover, Henrico, King William, Petersburg, Powhatan, & Richmond.
Institutional Members School Divisions: Dinwiddie, Goochland, Hopewell, & Prince George
CostFree to full consortium member school divisions
Richmond, VA 23223
Event ContactDaphne Schmidt
Website: Click to Visit